Monday, February 3, 2014

Month Two

Happy February! I have been going strong with my health and fitness plan, Eating Clean and Getting Lean in 2014. I have consistently worked out 5 or more times every week, with a pretty much even amount of lifting weights, doing core work, hitting the mat for yoga, and running. The snowy, icy weather has kept me off my game a bit, but I have done quite a few home workouts on those mornings that I couldn't bear to leave the house.

My diet has been, well, okay...I mostly eat clean, but between my boyfriend's birthday, our 6-month anniversary, and the Super Bowl, I have had my share of party food and libations. I need to re-focus the diet for February, and get back to my meal planning.

I am beginning to realize that I need to get more sleep. I am really going to try to get to bed between 10-11 p.m. during the week so I can get up at 5:00 a.m. for my workouts. I may have to make an special exception for Thursday night, AKA, Scandal Thursday!!

So, since this is the first of the month, I have my scale and picture check-in, so here goes...

February 2014

Height: 5'5
Weight:168.8
Body Fat%: 33.3
Muscle %: 32.5
BMI: 28.1
Waist (at belly button): 30.5 inches
Waist (bellow belly button, my pooch): 33.5 inches
Hips: 41.5 inches
Chest: 35.5 inches
Thighs: 23.5 inches
Arms: 11.5 inches ( I measured this myself, so it may be off a little)

From January to February, I gained 3.6 lbs, and lost 2.5 inches (in my hips, chest, and waist). My body fat% went down .1% (lol) and the muscle % stayed the same. I typically gian weight when I start lifting, so I am not too worried about that right now, but I would like that number to go down soon. Probably once I really get my fat % down, I will start to see my lbs. go down too.

These numbers are one way to measure the changes in my body, but there are things that are not measured. My upper abs and my shoulders are leaning out a bit too. I also am getting much more flexible. Is there a visual difference? My boyfriend says so (he's such a good boyfriend!!!) but you be the judge!



Mimi January 2014
Mimi February 2014

 

Mimi January 2014

Mimi February 2014
Mimi January 2014
Mimi February 2014
I may see a very slight difference in my arms and maybe my stomach. I am not expecting big changes immediately, especially since I have not been 100% on point. The sports bra isn't the most flattering; my arm fat and back fat is accentuated due to the compression in the bra, but hey, there is one way to fix that, lose the fat!

Posting these pics is definitely motivating! I want to see some real difference by month three, so I guess I better work harder on staying true to my plan...right after I have my evening beer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment